Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sarah

Sarah, Jenna & Janeau

Sarah (a.k.a. Super) - Pledge Class 1995

After college I worked in Liberal, KS as a Case Manager for Big Brothers Big Sisters. I then moved on to Youthville as a Foster Care Worker. Januea and I made the move to Denver in 2004 and had a blast out there. Unfortunately due to the job situation, I ended up back in KS working for the Liberal school system. I then moved to Goodland, KS last September to become the Executive Director of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Sherman, Wallace, Cheyenne, and Logan counties. I have put a momentary pause on my work towards my Master's in Counseling due to the move and new job. I want to get back to it and finish hopefully sooner than later!

Much to my mother's chagrin, I am not married and do not have children (unless you count the 2 dogs..which I am a freak...and DO!)

While living in Liberal, I ran in the International Pancake Day race 2 years. For those that know me...you know I'm not really athletic..and I certainly don't run (perhaps jog...or walk fast?!?!). The first year, I came in dead last. The 2nd year, I got 10th place!!! Of course, there were only 11 runners. I still felt it was improvement. I continue to try and stay happy, healthy, and have fun along the way!

I do still keep in touch with quite a few of the AGD's from my time, but would love to hear from or meet more of you! Or if you're ever driving to or from Denver...stop and see me! It's Goodland, trust me, I won't be hard to find!

Pancake Race - 10th place, baby!!

1 comment:

Kansas said...

How's that 5K training coming along?! :-)