Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Stacie

Still a sports freak... some things never change!!

Stacie - Pledge Class 1995

For those that know me, or receive my annual updates, keeping this short has proven to be very difficult... but here we go! I graduated from FHSU with a Finance degree in the spring of '99. I headed to Louisville, KY that summer for a mission trip working with inner city kids, then back to Hays in the fall. I didn't last in Hays long, before moving to Portland, OR in February '00 to work for fellow AGD, Stephanie F. (Washington State alum), better known as "the alum with the laptop"! In July '00, I made the move to Dr. Martens to work in their customer service dept. and I've been there ever since! I absolutely LOVE my job!! The job itself is fun and my accounts are cool, but my co-workers and the atmosphere of this place put the icing on the cake!! And of course, the discount isn't bad either!

But no matter how much I love my job, my true passion is working with kids. It took me awhile to find a good church home, but once I did, I quickly got involved in the children's ministry where I've been teaching the kindergarten class for 5 yrs. I've also been involved in a mentoring program for inner city kids for the past 6 yrs. Both ministries have been challenging at times, but the blessings far outweigh the challenges!

As for the million dollar question... no, I don't have a man. Although it can be frustrating at times, I have to admit, I'm definitely getting the most out of my time of "singleness"!! I really enjoy having the freedom to travel whenever & wherever I like, and to spend my money on concerts, sporting events, Coach bags, or whatever my little heart desires!!

I'm definitely in love with Portland and the Pacific NW in general. It's so incredibly beautiful up here and I've got everything at my fingertips... mountians, the ocean, rivers, trees... and I love city life! I can't see myself moving back to KS anytime soon, unless the Lord leads me back, of course... but it will probably have to be by dangling a handsome man, with a KS address in front of me!!

Night out with friends in Seattle for my b-day!

Hawaii's beautiful North Shore (Oahu) Fall '04 ...
and I'm headed back soon in April '07!!!

My pride & joy!!
Honorary nieces... Mia & Cannon (in Portland)
Nephews... Seth, Ethan & Jorday (in Kansas)

No comments: