Thursday, February 01, 2007

Januea


Januea – Pledge Class 1995

I graduated with my Master’s in Speech-Language Pathology Spring of 2001. I then moved back to Ulysses, KS (my hometown) to work for High Plains Educational Cooperative as a school Speech Therapist for 3 years. After 3 years of small town living I decided I was ready for the city life. After a New Year’s Eve trip to Denver, Sarah and I decided we could handle living there and my job search began. I moved to Denver in June 2004 and have been here since. I work as a Pediatric Speech Therapist for an incredible company, Imagine!-Dayspring. I could not ask for a better team of SLP’s, OT’s, PT’s, Early Childhood Educators and bosses to work for. We are a rather small company (our department consists of only 17 people) who provide in home services for children birth to 3 years old.

Although I miss all my family and friends back in Kansas, my move to Denver has been great for me! It is an absolute joy to be able to see the beautiful mountains everyday and has put me close to an airport for my favorite hobby of traveling to see friends and Cross Canadian Ragweed concerts!

I am not yet married, nor do I have children or pets. I have really enjoyed my ‘single’ time but now that I am approaching my 30’s I am starting to realize that maybe it is time to settle down and look for that special someone. For those of you that know me I am sure you a getting a good laugh at this one!

I am looking forward to catching up with other AGD’s so keep them coming ladies! If any of you are ever in Denver drop by and say hi… I love seeing old friends!

Januea & fellow AGD's Sarah & Heather @ Oktoberfest '05

Januea & friend, Robin, with the boys of Cross Canadian Ragweed!

No comments: